Old 14-02-2016, 06:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Grass advice

"jumanji007" wrote
I had new turf laid last summer and it seemed they did a very good job.
It was all immaculate until winter set in and now there are parts of the
garden which are just soil and no grass (I will attach an image if
possible). Also, there seems to be some moss growing now in these
areas.

My question is, what should I do about it? Should I leave until spring?
Should I start doing something now? If so, what should I be doing?

If you think that's bad you should see mine, it's devoid of grass for large
parts and just a muddy patch where water now collects when it rains despite
being forked deeply and sand brushed in a couple of times over the last few
years. This winter has been the worst I can remember for wet weather. Hardly
a day has gone by without some rain and that is the problem.
I will re-turf in the spring when it's dried out because the bare patches
are so large but you can just over sow with seed as your grass is just a bit
thin.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.