Old 15-02-2016, 05:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default soak hoses watering

Judith wrote:

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 14:39:27 +0000, Bob Hobden wrote:

"Judith in England" wrote
I am considering the watering hoses which leak water out all the way
along them. There are a number of different types/makes.

Anyone have experience or recommendations regarding same please?

A few years ago I installed a soak hose all around our garden, being
small it wasn't a problem cost wise. Excellent and highly recommended,
just have to turn on the tap of an evening and turn it off in the
morning and everything is watered for a week.
From memory I think ours was Hozelock because that's all the GC had.

Thank you - much appreciated.

I should be able to find something; there is a B&Q and a Golden Days
close to me.

I have installed some lengths of porous hose which I obtained
reasonably priced on ebay, and it seems to be working well. The
material does need careful handling, and if kinked can tear,
however a bag of assorted Ts and joins are quite cheap.

Having sections running in parallel, or as a large loop, rather
than a single long line, can help with pressure drop at the far
end.

Best laid out before your plants put on growth - you can see what
you are doing.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK