Old 15-02-2016, 06:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Judith Judith is offline

Default soak hoses watering

On Mon, 15 Feb 2016 17:26:20 +0000, Chris J Dixon wrote:

Thank you - much appreciated.

I should be able to find something; there is a B&Q and a Golden Days
close to me.

I have installed some lengths of porous hose which I obtained reasonably
priced on ebay, and it seems to be working well. The material does need
careful handling, and if kinked can tear, however a bag of assorted Ts
and joins are quite cheap.

Having sections running in parallel, or as a large loop, rather than a
single long line, can help with pressure drop at the far end.

Best laid out before your plants put on growth - you can see what you
are doing.

Yes - must get going on the garden. My patch has afternoon sun, and with
the weather forecast for the next two weeks showing no freezing after
tomorrow it may soon be time for digging.