Old 15-02-2016, 08:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mathew Newton Mathew Newton is offline

Default Grass advice

Hi Jumanji,

On Sunday, 14 February 2016 15:25:06 UTC, jumanji007 wrote:

I had new turf laid last summer and it seemed they did a very good job.
It was all immaculate until winter set in and now there are parts of the
garden which are just soil and no grass

I too have had real problems this winter - see my thread he

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/uk.r...0/TEiobQMVAgAJ

(I will attach an image if possible).

What I've give for such a lush lawn like that! ;-)

My question is, what should I do about it? Should I leave until spring?
Should I start doing something now? If so, what should I be doing?

In my case I think there are a number of contributory factors - possible drainage issues and certainly a pest (leatherjacket) problem. I hope to address some aspects of the former in the summer, with the latter to be tackled spring and autumn as per my thread above.

In the meantime I intend to overseed in the spring just to see if I've got any chance of having some grass for the summer.

I shall keep an eye out for any responses to your plea with interest.

Mathew