Old 22-02-2016, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
philgurr philgurr is offline

Default what, or whom, is digging up my onion sets?

"Broadback" wrote in message
I know they have a tenancy to push themselves above ground, but many of them are also
laterally displaced. Who might the culprits be? More importantly can I do anything to
stop it?

Blackbirds are the main culprits here. I cover the bed with fleece
until the sets have made sufficient root to stop them being pulled out.
Will be another couple of months before they are planted up here!

Phil
Northern Highlands of Scotland