Old 24-03-2016, 11:10 PM
garjobo garjobo is offline
Registered User

Default overlapping fence insert

Any thoughts prey tell on the idea of making a overlapping wooden fence, 7.half foot high ( i know..i know 6ft is the limit etc etc ), so..7.5ft high x 12ft across.

It will be double sided, ie, essentially 4 x 6ft panels. A gap obviously between the sides ( around 7inches )

My question, i was in insert either weatherproof soft material between the wooden panels. One chap recommended bark chippings! however surely they would rot, smell etc.

The overall object is the 'soften' a little bit at least the sound / chatter from next door.

To cap it off, i want to get 3 large pots and put 3 7ft 'trees' in them..thin, evergreen..just so they are poking up above the fence type scenerio. Narrow 'trees'.

Thoughts, recommendations on fence / trees / weatherproof material. I checked out Jacksons website, they have a very thin! material ( costly )..more looking at large piece of something i can stuff between.

Do any good? Better than a gabion wall?

thoughts more than welcome