Old 22-04-2016, 11:42 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default last years seeds?

On 04/21/2016 03:19 PM, Gary Woods wrote:
T wrote:

I still have seeds I bought last year left over:
tomatillo, zukes, and I forget.

Would they still be good?

Google "seed longevity;" it depends on the family. Clan Brassica lasts a
long, long time, and tomatos at least several years.
Be aware though, that the seed companies sometimes keep seed in cold
storage for several seasons, so the stated germination test is only good
for the "sold for" year on the packet.
Saving our own is a Good Idea for a lot of reasons, but that's a whole
'nother subject!

Thank you!