Old 03-06-2016, 07:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dan S. MacAbre[_2_] Dan S. MacAbre[_2_] is offline

Default Low maintenance hand push mower?

I've a hand push mower, which I think is easy to use, provided I oil the
blades before and after. Otherwise it makes a fairly awful screeching
noise. My mum's tried it, and wants one, too. Trouble is, I can pretty
much guarantee that she's not going to oil it like I do, and even if she
did, there's a good chance she'll cut herself one day. It's probably a
long shot, but does anyone make one that perhaps has an oil reservoir,
or has magical blades that only need oiling occasionally? Or shall I
tell her to carry on with the electric one she already has?