Old 08-06-2016, 08:24 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default vegi scraps bucket?

On 6/8/2016 1:13 PM, azigni wrote:
I bought a crock pot insert and lid from a second hand store that does
the job.

Ours is the bucket from a potty chair when the wife broke her hip six
years ago. Best bucket we've ever had. We don't pot hole the stuff, we
have a compost barrel that gets turned frequently to help the
composting. We live on five feet of clay with about two inches of sand
on top, pot holing wouldn't help. We have raised bed gardens, six inches
of man made soil in a four by eight box X 2 plus another that is the
same but sixteen feet long.

We're slowly making soil alongside the fence in back and have dug big
holes in the clay in the front yard for the flowers and the pear tree.
All nicely amended of course.