Old 19-06-2016, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default Plant ID

Vir Campestris wrote:
On 19/06/2016 17:34, Phil L wrote:
Ground elder, not toxic.

I'd wear gloves though if pulling them out.

Why?

It was originally a food plant.

I wear gloves when pulling weeds anyway, I tend to get 'the itches' on my
hands and wrists seemingly at random, I'm probably allergic to something but
don't know what.

You don't know what else is growing amongst it, grabbing handfuls here and
there is probably safe, until stinging nettles or thistles make an unwelcome
appearance by which time it's too late....stinging nettles leave an itchy
rash on my hands which stays around up to a week - i know others have much
less reaction to it, my skin must have worn paper thin after a lifetime of
laying paving slabs