Old 29-06-2016, 07:34 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default garlic beds?

On 06/29/2016 03:52 AM, songbird wrote:
T wrote:
Hi All,

I was thinking of digging up a spot in my garden, burring
a bunch of weeds and melon rinds I have been saving in
the freezer, waiting till the first freeze, then replanting
garlic.

anytime in the fall is fine.

i've replanted as soon as i've harvested
and it's worked. i've also planted the day
before the ground froze.

they're bulbs. they put down roots and start
growing before winter if you give them a chance.

right now i have a lot of tulips i could go
out and dig up, divide and replant, not going
to happen, but within a month some of them will
already be putting out new roots to start growing
again to be ready for next spring.

songbird

Thank you!

Would it hurt to plant then 6" above where I dump
all the melon rinds, etc.? Or do I need to
wait awhile?