Old 04-07-2016, 09:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Backpack/knapsack strimmers - any experience or recommendations?

Charlie Pridham wrote:
On 30/06/2016 08:10, BobHobden wrote:
"Chris Green" wrote ...

I'm considering buying a backpack/knapsack strimmer. Does anyone here
have one and/or have any recommendations?

The Stihl ones are probably out of my price range, I might stretch to
a Honda, or are any of the cheaper ones any good?

I have spoken to a professional that I saw using an Echo and he said he
was more than pleased with it. Well made, quiet, virtually no vibration
were his comments. No idea on prices. My own very old strimmer is a
Husqvarna which is another good make but probably the same price as Stihl.

My Ryobi is excellent, it replaced an old Echo (which was also very good
but tricky to start) The only thing I don't like about it is the
harness, so I am still using the old one!

Is that a Ryobi *backpack* strimmer? I have an 'ordinary' Ryobi
strimmer with a 4-stroke engine which I do quite like, especially now
I've fixed a minor air-leak on the fuel intake which made it near
impossible to set up the mixture correctly (not surprising). The
4-stroke is *way* nicer than the 2-stroke Ryobi I had before.

--
Chris Green
ยท