Old 15-07-2016, 04:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default vitax q4

Andy Burns wrote:
Janet wrote:

wrote:

I've just bought a bag of this fertilizer from ebay but the bag it
arrived in is just a plain clear bag, no instructions at all,
anyone any idea what ratio I'm supposed to apply it?

The eBay listing says

"A Superb General Purpose Fertiliser when sprinkled on your garden
plot at 60-90g per m^3"

It sounds as if someone is either repacking their product at a
profit,

Again, the listing says

"We buy our products in bulk and break it down into smaller bags so
that it is affordable for our end customer."

Yeah, this happens a lot, I've no need for a 15 or 20 kg bag as it's just
something i want to try, so I know I've paid over the odds for a small
amount.

I'll go with the 50g per 30L of peat. Yes it is peat, Vitax
(coincidentally!) Irish Moss Peat.

I took cuttings in late April when the fuchsias started a growth spurt, 11
weeks later and they're about 3 inches tall, at this rate, they'll be about
6 inches high when the growing season's over, this is obviously not
acceptable and so I'm experimenting with different things in order to get
some extra plants actually growing in the year i take the cuttings, and to
cultivate some for next spring