Old 15-07-2016, 06:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil L Phil L is offline

Default vitax q4

Andy Burns wrote:
Phil L wrote:

Andy Burns quoted:

"We buy our products in bulk and break it down into smaller bags so
that it is affordable for our end customer."

Yeah, this happens a lot, I've no need for a 15 or 20 kg bag as it's
just something i want to try, so I know I've paid over the odds for
a small amount.

As long as you knew what you're getting ...

no idea what I'm getting, but the nursery that sold it to me has a high
feedback and quite a lot to lose by sending me sand in order to make a
fiver.

I'll go with the 50g per 30L of peat. Yes it is peat, Vitax
(coincidentally!) Irish Moss Peat.

I took cuttings in late April when the fuchsias started a growth
spurt, 11 weeks later and they're about 3 inches tall, at this rate,
they'll be about 6 inches high when the growing season's over

If the Hawk's head moth caterpillars don't chomp them first!

My mimulus tigrinis are decimated by a weird little caterpillar every year,
thankfully, they're so robust that they keep on flowering even when severely
infested. I'm trying to keep on top of them this year.