Old 02-08-2016, 12:21 PM
melarish melarish is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Layman[_2_] View Post
If it is evergreen, it might be Rubus tricolor, although that has leaves
with a reddish edge and the stem hairs tend to be pinkish. It could also
be a hybrid of R. tricolor with any of the raspberries and their ilk
(including tayberries, loganberries, etc).
Cheers, it does look a lot like one. Don't think the leaves always have the reddish edge, as in this one: http://www.aphotoflora.com/images/ro...31-07-10_3.jpg (looks a lot like mine). Mine actually does have pinkish hairs; think my camera messed up slightly!

I also came across https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Rubus_phoenicolasius but that one seems to have its berries in clusters, and bigger berries.

I tried one berry - it was quite tasty but there's small hairs in the berry which makes eating it a bit uncomfortable :/ Oh well. Thanks anyway