Old 05-08-2016, 03:37 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jeßus[_14_] Jeßus[_14_] is offline

Default Storing Potatoes

On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 14:05:02 -0400, songbird
wrote:

Pavel314 wrote:
Does anyone have a good method for storing potatoes? Keeping them refrigerated works, but we have limited refrigerator space. A few years back, we put them in old milk crates in the basement but they rotted. I thought of vacuum packing them and storing the vacuum bags in the basement, where it's cool.

i've heard some people leave them in
the ground until they need them.

I have found this to be the best method for potatoes.
Sometimes not very convenient, but at least they keep perfectly until
they start to sprout when spring arrives.

On this topic, does anyone have some good storage solutions for garlic
and pumpkins? by that I mean aside from the common methods... which
work well, but not for long enough I find.