Old 15-08-2016, 11:55 AM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default How to make the card waterproof?

Markjump wrote:

Hi,

I am growing a little fruit tree in my garden and would like to bind a
paper card to the tree. My problem is how to make the card waterproof?

Thanks alot for your advice.

how long does it have to last?

plastics degrade in sunlight, metals rust or
oxidize, stones get acid etched or freeze-thaw
cracked, wood rots...

carved in a good quality stone or etched in
something gold plated would be the longest
lasting.

it is much better to put a number on a drawing
and keep the drawing/maps inside and then keep
the label in a laminated page or pasted to the
page.

songbird