Old 02-09-2016, 12:30 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default One smart tomato.

wrote:
We are having a bumper tomato crop this year and are keeping busy BWB
canning them. We do get some misshapen tomatoes in the bunch but we
got one really brainy one this morning.
http://tinypic.com/r/20f37k/9

that looks like many of our tomatoes this
year too. a lot of loss during cleaning
and chopping due to stem throughout the
fruit. figure it is the heat and water
related, even if we've kept up watering it
has been so hot and dry for so long (until the
past few weeks) that i doubt we could keep
up with the needs of these huge fruits.

as it was i have been surprised by how
few BER tomatoes or tomatoes rotting on
the plants. a few have been broken
while trying to get them off the plants
as they are so large and wedged in there.

i think we're about 2/3 of the way through
harvesting. a large enough crop for sure to
keep us busy for a few more weeks.

songbird