Old 01-09-2016, 08:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Bizarre field crop

I passed a field (between Fowlmere and Triplow, for locals) that was
planted with a mixture of what I think was maize, flax, buckwheat and
Phacelia. The buckwheat and Phacelia were in flower, the flax would
be in a week (given the current weather), and the maize was doing
nothing much and was the same height as the others. What on EARTH
was this planted for?

It was a fairly large, unfenced field, is not a pheasant-shooting area,
is not an area where silage is important, and there were no hives
(pretty obviously, given the maize).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.