Old 13-09-2016, 08:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Busy Lizzies - why?

On 13/09/2016 10:15, Jim S wrote:
On Mon, 12 Sep 2016 20:20:01 +0100, David Hill wrote:

On 12/09/2016 11:07, Jim S wrote:
Why do some busy lizzies suddenly die at this time of year and others
nearby don't?

What sort are they and where are you?

The usual sort that had the problem years back.
I see no visible mildew.
My friend two streets away has hanging baskets either side of the front
door and one has 'flopped' and the other is fine.
No frost here yet (Tyneside)
My one at the East wall of the house has flopped and those at the West side
haven't.

I wonder if you (or the plants) have vine wevil