Old 17-09-2016, 11:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default squash bugs tip i ran across

T wrote:
I just hunt the buggers down. They do not like
water, so I stick my watering wand right down on the
stems. The come wondering out. Then I stray them
with chrysanthemum (pyrethrin) spray. You have to get
under the bellies as they are a beetle and
their backs are armor plated. They move pretty slow.

I also check under the leaves for eggs. Smash them
with my fingers.

yeah, if you can do it that ways at least then
you aren't having to use any sprays.

I can't keep up with the earwigs, but their numbers
are down by about 90%.

Death to squash bugs; death to earwigs!

Any idea why the suggestion of "yellow"?

i would guess it might be the color of a
squash or something they like, do you ever
see them in the flowers? i really never
look at the plants that often or see the
bugs to notice. just bees around them and
the flowers.

songbird