Old 24-09-2016, 03:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Potted chrysanthemums

In article ,
Mrs_AB wrote:

We bought a pot of chrysanthemums from Morrisons this summer and they
have given us a wonderful display on our patio.
They are now beginning to fade so I'm wondering if I should bring them
indoors and keep them in our basement for the winter. Will they flower
again next year or do we get rid of them and buy a new pit next year?

The latter. I can't remember if they are perennials or not, but
you need to do more than just keeping something over the winter
if you want it to flower next year. I have just put out some bulbous
irises for flowering again, and I both removed the small bulbs and
put them in fresh potting compost.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.