Old 05-10-2016, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Malcolm Race[_2_] Malcolm Race[_2_] is offline

Default Potted chrysanthemums

On 02/10/2016 07:37, Stuart Noble wrote:
On 24/09/2016 17:28, David Hill wrote:
On 24/09/2016 13:01, Mrs_AB wrote:
We bought a pot of chrysanthemums from Morrisons this summer and
they have given us a wonderful display on our patio. They are now
beginning to fade so I'm wondering if I should bring them indoors
and keep them in our basement for the winter. Will they flower
again next year or do we get rid of them and buy a new pit next
year?

You don't say where in the UK you are.

I have loads in bud and, IIRC, they all started out as pot
chrysanths. SE London.....

software. https://www.avast.com/antivirus

about 20+years ago miniature pot 'mums had been treated w2oth a
dwarfing compound (available at the time from Chempak). It was
sugessted that any attempt to grow them nexr year wpuld result in fu8ll
nsize 'mums. Perhaps breeding has overcome this.

I am attracted to some miniature pots in Sainsburysa which seem to have
50+ flowers branching from one root. Would therse grow on next year?

Malcolm