Old 07-10-2016, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ermin Trude Ermin Trude is offline

Default Garden multi tool

On Thu, 06 Oct 2016 18:11:11 +0200, Mervington wrote:

Ermin Trude;1022646 Wrote:
On Wed, 05 Oct 2016 13:56:26 +0200, Mervington wrote:

Mitox

Which Mitox are you using? I looked at the 28MT, but they are all
out of stock.

I bought the 26MT - it was an 'anniversary special' at £100 less than the
website is showing now. Difference was in the length of the hedgetrimmer
which is c10cm shorter than the 38 but every other part was identical.

We have a garden of about an acre which I planted up 40 years ago. Much,
as intended, is semi wild, but it does now need some attention.
I thought a multi unit with lopper and hedge cutter should complement
the chain saw rather well.

Yes, our garden is c1 acre too with a fair few hedges of various types
and heights. Hardest work the hedgetrimmer has had so far is cutting
back the inside face of a laurel hedge that is about 7' tall and runs for
far too long along the bridleway. Growth was 4, maybe 5 seasons. The
top and outer face is cut by flail mower (its a lot easier and save
collecting the rubbish :-)).