Old 01-11-2016, 05:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Trellis vs. netting

On 11/1/2016 1:00 PM, Hypatia Nachshon wrote:
I am putting a Distictis (Rivers) vine against a stucco garage wall. Prices for trellises are a factor, since I understand this vine spreads horizontally as well as vertically, so I would need to buy at least three,

As an alternative, I checked "netting" -- to use a loose term - and see much lower prices. Could I manage with a very strong netting, which I have seen advertised on several sites, properly secured from above on the garage roof. And secured on the sides -- how???

TIA

I use deer netting around the patio bottom of my deck and let cucumbers
grow up it in season and it holds up well. I suspect netting would work
with vines as they would also tend to hook to stucco if anything like
the ivy around my house.