Old 09-01-2017, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] johndkingdon@gmail.com is offline

Default using Microsoft Project

On Thursday, 5 January 2017 07:38:07 UTC, Derek wrote:
I run a therapeutic horticultural project for marginalised young
people which is totally staffed by volunteers, in Lincoln, and would
like to see if Microsoft Project, would be suitable to use as a
calendar for our seed sowing over the year, (tried google calendar,
but its not perfect).
Has anyone tried this?

Are you Fuchsia Derek? If so you know me as "Jake". Blast from the past!

In response to your question I'd say "Nay, Nay and thrice Nay". Any so-called project manager will over-complicate the simplest of situations. It's a fall-back for people who know what they're doing but need to convince others (management!). Get a large sheet of paper and a few different coloured pens. You will achieve far more in far less time. Though if you need to convince management, get them to fork out for a "project manager" package and feed everything you already have on paper into it.

Essentially, project managers merely computerise what you already have on paper. And they cannot think!