Old 17-01-2017, 02:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Which herb in which bath!

On 30/12/2016 08:31, Derek wrote:
Our community garden has been given a number of rejected corner baths,
which we intend to plant up with herbs, A quick easy way of creating a
raised beds, for those in wheelchairs. A program this year with Monty
Don, explained that certain herbs needed different conditions, ie poor
soil, better drainage etc. So which herb needs which bath, bearing in
mind we can create the perfect conditions.

I'm not sure there is nearly enough drainage in the average bath, corner
or otherwise. That single plug hole is unlikely to be of much help and
will quickly get blocked. Unless the baths are acrylic, I wouldn't have
thought you could drill holes without shattering the bath.
Had I gained such bounty, I should be looking at turning them into a bog
garden, with perhaps one as a pond. Either way, they would have to be
very well disguised.
--
Spider
On high ground in SE London