Old 22-01-2017, 02:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Which herb in which bath!

On 18/01/2017 08:40, Derek wrote:
On Tue, 17 Jan 2017 14:57:13 +0000, Spider wrote:

On 30/12/2016 08:31, Derek wrote:
Our community garden has been given a number of rejected corner baths,

I'm not sure there is nearly enough drainage in the average bath, corner
or otherwise.

Completly agree, they are acrylic and I will be making more holes

Lots, I hope, for mediterrean herbs, plus lots of grit or sharp sand in
the compost.

Had I gained such bounty, I should be looking at turning them into a bog
garden, with perhaps one as a pond.

We have already got a local farmer to build us a pond, and its looks
good. But a bog garden is a very good idea.

I have a small bog garden, but wish it were huge. There are so many
lovely plants that like boggy conditions.

very well disguised.

We have been donated a large number of damaged fence panals, some are
being cut down to clad our static caraven, turning it into a smart
cabin. The off cuts we plan to put around the baths, so they will
look something like a 'hot tub' ?

Lots done,and lots and lots to do :-)

That all sounds great. You're making me envious. I haven't been in the
garden for about three months. I was very ill in November, leaving me
with a weak chest that doesn't doesn't like this frosty weather,
suffered Christmas in December, the death of a beloved cat in January.
Things can only get better. I'm almost aching to get out there now, but
I'll have to be very careful when I do, but there'll be no stopping me.!
--
Spider
On high ground in SE London