Old 02-03-2003, 04:39 AM
_

Default pine bark mulch

Leave it where it is!!! It will provide protection against the dreaded
pflumeriatosis toxins because the chips contain trace amounts of tannin.
If you move the chips the tannins can drop off and be forever lost
among the native soil particles. If the tannins become bound to the
soil particles you are in a world of trouble because not even peanut
butter can help you now.

Susan wrote:
I had alot of pine trees cut down recently and I had the stumps
grounded down so now I have alot of pine bark mulch/chips should I
leave this where its at or gather it up and put around new trees we
have planted?