Old 07-02-2017, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Wild flower seeds?

On 06/02/2017 11:37, Broadback wrote:
I have an area of garden,about 50 square yards, which I would like to
seed with wild flowers. Preferably ones that will reseed in later years.
How much will I need and where is there a reliable source? Thanks

What grows well there at the moment? You can get a fair number of meadow
flowers to grow in a suitably poor soil but in a garden it may take a
while for the soil fertility to get to a point where the wild flower
seedlings can establish before the grass overruns them.

IOW you may be wasting your money unless you zap the grass first in the
patches that you decide to seed. Seeding it all will be wasteful. If
they like the conditions they will spread in a couple of seasons.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown