Old 28-03-2017, 11:30 PM posted to rec.gardens
Don Wiss Don Wiss is offline

Default Motion-activated sprinkler pest chasers

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017, bob prohaska wrote:

How trapwise are fox (same as eastern red) squirrels? I've had pretty
good luck catching roof rats using a Raticator electronic rat trap,
which is fairly unobtrusive. I think it would likely kill
a squirrel _if_ it could be induced to enter the trap.

Squirrels are easy to trap using a Havahart trap. You simply spread a thin
layer of peanut butter on a piece of aluminum foil.

The problem is there will be too many to trap. If you reduce the population
in the immediate area, others will move into the territory.