Old 21-04-2017, 06:45 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Endulini Endulini is offline

Default Peach Curl

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message news
In article ,
Endulini wrote:

I have a young peach tree which is suffering from what I assume is leaf
curl
(leaves turning red with large warty growths) - is there anything I can do
at this stage or do I have to grin and bear it?

Very little. Benomyl would help, but is forbidden to amateurs; it's
bad news for the female and fertile (i.e. it's teratogenic). All
you can do is to remove the red leaves and spray it with a copper-
based fungicide (e.g. Bordeaux mixture) - and spray again in the
autumn, after leaf fall, and sometime in the spring (I can't
remember when).

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Thanks Nick - is it likely to affect the blossom and not fruit?