Old 22-04-2017, 07:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Peach Curl

On 21/04/17 21:01, Charlie Pridham wrote:
On 21/04/2017 19:46, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Endulini wrote:

Thanks Nick - is it likely to affect the blossom and not fruit?

I don't think that it will affect the blossom much, but the loss
of leaves may prevent it fruiting. I am no expert, though. My
peach is a peche de vigne, 15' high, and has to look after itself.
Being a semi-wild variety, it does fairly well. I did treat it
as I described when it was small.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

The best solution is to build a sort of porch roof over the tree, if you
can keep the rain off it you can stop the problem

Rain? What &^(*!$ rain?! We've had only 20mm in the last month, with
nothing for over two weeks. In fact, there has been only 160mm since the
beginning of the year. It's been windy, too, so the soil has been losing
moisture quickly where there is no mulch.

I knew I shouldn't have put that new holly hedge in a couple of months

--

Jeff