Old 22-05-2017, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default High water pressure, need hose accessories!

In article ,
says...

You could cut concrete with our water pressure! My problem is that hose
fittings like watering 'guns' or wands get you drenched as the water
sprays out all around the join between the hose and the fitting, as in-
the gun can't handle the pressure of the water coming through the hose.

Any ideas of a solution, or a brand that might be 'man' enough? A google
search is difficult because all the results are for guns that deliver
high pressure (Karcher-like) rather than can handle high initial water
pressure.

Thanks

Surely you just need to open the mains tap a little bit, not at
full blast!

Alternatively, there should be a stop cock somewhere outside
the house, near the water main. Try shutting this a bit!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales