Old 04-06-2017, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_6_] Bob Hobden[_6_] is offline

Default Anyone familiar with the ECHO SRM 2010 trimmer/strimmer?

On 4 Jun 2017 02:02, Al-W wrote:
On Saturday, June 3, 2017 at 10:50:36 PM UTC+1, Bob Hobden wrote:
On 3 Jun 2017 04:18, Al-W wrote:
I took a chance on an Echo SRM 2010 2-stroke strimmer from a car boot sale. The seller was honest enough to tell me he had trouble getting it running. But for £10, I thought it was worth a gamble as a 'try and get it working' project.

Assuming it sparks, what things should I clean/renew, in logical order of likelihood of faultiness?

The seller hazarded a guess at the carb diaphragm, but I have no idea if his guess was worth paying attention to.

Many thanks for any help.

Al-W

PS Finding a workshop manual online is proving harder than I'd hoped.

This site shows exploded views of various parts, often more help than a
manual IME.

https://www.partstree.com/parts/echo...001001-999999/

Check fuel system for problems, dirt in fuel blocking carb jet,
blocking filter if there is one, or just old fuel.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Bob, Thank you very much for your reply. That's very helpful, because I have zero past experience of fuel-powered strimmers, and very little experience of 2-strokes in general. I've diagnosed, repaired and rebuilt engines before, but mainly British motorcycle engines - and a long time ago. Anyway, this strimmer looks as though it hasn't had much use, so I'm gu

essing the fault is something simple, like one of the things you kindly suggested. I've got a massive load of brambles to cut down, so fingers crossed, this machine can be resurrected.

Neighbour on the allotments has one and he works professionally as a
lawn man. Looked well made when I took a look. Hope you get it fixed.
Sounds like you also had a misspent youth tinkering with old
motorbikes. :-)
--
Regards
Bob Hobden