Old 05-06-2017, 12:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MuddyMike MuddyMike is offline

Default Anyone familiar with the ECHO SRM 2010 trimmer/strimmer?

On 03/06/2017 12:18, Al-W wrote:
I took a chance on an Echo SRM 2010 2-stroke strimmer from a car boot sale. The seller was honest enough to tell me he had trouble getting it running. But for £10, I thought it was worth a gamble as a 'try and get it working' project.

Assuming it sparks, what things should I clean/renew, in logical order of likelihood of faultiness?

The seller hazarded a guess at the carb diaphragm, but I have no idea if his guess was worth paying attention to.

Many thanks for any help.

Al-W

PS Finding a workshop manual online is proving harder than I'd hoped.

Do you have a gas blowtorch? If so try directing gas from it (unlit)
into the air filter whilst pulling the starter cord. It should start and
run briefly on the gas alone. If the carburettor is any good at all It
will continue running on the petrol/oil mix.

Mike