Old 05-06-2017, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_6_] Bob Hobden[_6_] is offline

Default Anyone familiar with the ECHO SRM 2010 trimmer/strimmer?

On 5 Jun 2017 13:09, David wrote:
On 05/06/2017 12:30, Muddymike wrote:
On 03/06/2017 12:18, Al-W wrote:
I took a chance on an Echo SRM 2010 2-stroke strimmer from a car boot
sale. The seller was honest enough to tell me he had trouble getting
it running. But for £10, I thought it was worth a gamble as a 'try and
get it working' project.

Assuming it sparks, what things should I clean/renew, in logical order
of likelihood of faultiness?

The seller hazarded a guess at the carb diaphragm, but I have no idea
if his guess was worth paying attention to.

Many thanks for any help.

Al-W

PS Finding a workshop manual online is proving harder than I'd hoped.

Do you have a gas blowtorch? If so try directing gas from it (unlit)
into the air filter whilst pulling the starter cord. It should start and
run briefly on the gas alone. If the carburettor is any good at all It
will continue running on the petrol/oil mix.

Mike

In the old days I would give a squirt of lighter fuel into the chamber,
put the plug back in and try to start, worked if there was a spark.

You can buy Bradex Easy Start from Motor Factors. I got a can a couple
of months ago from Euro Car Parts. Just spray into the carb through the
air filter.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden