Old 08-06-2017, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Dorotheanthus bellidiformis (Mesembryanthemum crystallinum)

I have grown some, partly to try as a salad plant, and am thoroughly
confused by the difference between the leaves of what I have and the
descriptions and most pictures. My plants have leaves like:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...num_02_ies.jpg

But they have been grown without water stress, and are therefore
using C3 metabolism. Does anyone know if the leaf shape changed
when they switch to CAM metabolism?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.