Old 14-06-2017, 07:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Echo SRM-2010 trimmer/strimmer - fuel mix?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ire-30845937On Wed, 14 Jun 2017 10:49:39 -0700 (PDT), Al-W wrote:

Thanks Mike. No primer, unfortunately. I've got a spark-checking device and a new spark plug coming in the post.

I'm hoping it's not the coil, because a replacement coil is very pricey. However, I imagine it's very unlikely to be suffering from a dead coil, because a coil has no moving parts. Would you agree?

Al

If your brave hold a finger on the plug electrode with it connected to
the lead and pull the starter. You will soon know if it giving current
to spark.

Mike

Ha ha! Unfortunately, I'm a coward! ;-)

Get someone to hold your hand.