Old 25-06-2017, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Al-W Al-W is offline

Default Cut down extensive brambles, or leave them be?

I own a piece of land (1/4 acre or so), that has become overgrown with brambles. It would be nice to see them cleared. However, I don't plan to use the land for anything in the near future, and I'm wondering if cutting the brambles down would simply stimulate increased new bramble growth. I want to minimize the number of times per year that I need to go at it with a brush-cutter.

Can anyone offer any insights?

Many thanks,
Al-W