Old 25-06-2017, 07:25 PM
Vegegrower Vegegrower is offline
Registered User

Default Trenched potatos

I've set all this year's crop away in trenches.

I bedded them in with my own home made compost and I use fertilizer in the form of cow manure dissolved in water. Basically a couple of trowel fulls of manure in an old pedal bin bucket and filled with water, then left a few days for the manure to dissolve in the water.

Now its occurred to me the best way to water the trenches is to hoe a channel in the along the center of the hilled up trenches so when I water, its soaks down on top of the potatoes rather then running down the sides of the hill.