Old 04-07-2017, 10:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ermin Trude Ermin Trude is offline

Default Tool Advice

On Mon, 03 Jul 2017 23:03:40 +0100, Bob Hobden wrote:

On 3 Jul 2017 21:36, Vir Campestris wrote:
My mum gave me a cheque for my birthday and there are a couple of
things I need - advice please.

Small pruning saw (I have a bow saw - this is for bits too big for the
loppers)

I believe Felco do one which must be good, however I use a Wolf
Multitool one so with a short handle it's hand held or with a long
handle I can reach tall branches.

I'd definitely go for WolfGarten tools. You can also get an extending
handle for them as well as many different types of 'head'

My old pruner head is now some 40 years old and is still handy for
smaller jobs though I treated myself to a new pruner head about 5 years
ago for use on high branches etc. The new one came with a very short
handle (a bit shorter than the length of the saw blade and this is now on
the old saw blade)

WolfGarten are dearer than a lot of the competition but my own experience
suggests they are well worth it.