Old 06-07-2017, 07:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default roses

In article , lid
says...

On 06/07/17 10:38, Chris Hogg wrote:

But I don't think now is a good time to do it. I'm no rose expert, but
I would have thought spring or possibly autumn is the right time for
planting stuff, including roses, but not just before what could be a
hot dry summer. If you must plant them now, remember to keep them
watered.

Shouldn't be a problem - after all, the garden centres tell us that it's
OK to plant a containerised plant ta any time of the year! With a
weedproof membrane, and a "mulch" of stones, the rose will get off to a
good start if the OP follows your advice - particularly the bit about
keeping them watered!

Container grown plants can be planted all year round, IME.

I bought a rose at a garden show a few weeks ago and planted it 10 days
ago. Watered once, thoroughly, after planting. It's thriving.

It's "Eye of the Tiger", absolutely love it. A yellow single flower
with a red blotch on each petal.

http://www.hortweek.com/eye-tiger-ro...rticle/1399589

I also have a few others in the "eyes " series.

Janet.