Old 28-07-2017, 10:29 AM
thenorms thenorms is offline
Registered User

Default Countax A20-50 won't start may be seat related

Hi, I'm a newbie, living near the Kent coast. We have about an acre of garden that was a blank canvas apart from some old willows, a walnut and a few fruit trees. Gradually adding some more features and structure. The wind really blows and we get a fair bit of "weather"!

My question concerns my old Countax A20-50.

The ignition lights come on, all electric bits like the deck and grass collector work fine.
But there's no turn over from the ignition.

A more mechanically minded friend has changed the solenoid which made no difference.
We can start it with a jump lead from the battery to one side of the solenoid so it's usable-ish.

However, when running it doesn't turn off when you get off the seat, which suggests maybe that the sensor isn't working properly.

Could it be that the sensor prevents starting, and also prevents it stopping?

If so, is it a straight replacement or could something else be at fault?

Ta