Old 29-07-2017, 06:01 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default How to add water?

On 7/28/2017 7:20 PM, Markjump wrote:
Hi, I have just bought a "Succulent Mix".

1. It needs only little water per a few days?
2. I just cannot find where to add the water!

Thanks so much for your advice!

|Filename: IMG_20170729_013901.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=16569|

Does the pot have a drain hole at the bottom? If yes, then set the pot
in a saucer and add water to the saucer. If no, then carefully add
water to the soil near the edge of the pot.

Actually, if the pot does not have a drain hole, you should repot the
succulents in a new pot that does have a drain hole.

By the way, I water my house plants only once each week. With a proper
potting mix, that is sufficient.

--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see