Old 07-08-2017, 06:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default two pics from a few days ago

On 8/7/2017 9:38 AM, Bloke Down The Pub wrote:
"Gary Woods" wrote in message
On Sun, 6 Aug 2017 19:35:49 -0400, songbird
wrote:

did your seed gathering go well?

Yes; brought home a new to me Chard, plants sprouting in the
greenhouse to go outdoors soon, and lots of information.
I promise a proper report and pictures Real Soon Now.

Last year we had a bumper crop of rainbow chard, they were pretty enough
that I was allowed to plant in the "sacred flower beds" planted the
remaining seeds this year and had a few miserly plants. My guess is I
failed to store the seeds well enough and to add insult to injury I haven't
seen any seeds available when I have remembered to look.

Mike

I keep my seeds in the bottom section of the fridge in a sealed plastic
container. Many of the seed packets are several years old and will still
grow but not like new seeds. In addition we put this years dried on the
plant seeds in paper envelopes for next year. Eventually they all go out
due to old age but have had some heirloom seeds up to ten years.

In addition I put desiccant packages in the container.

Had a nice rain this morning and there may be more. Free water for the
gardens, lawn, and fruit trees is always welcome.

George