Old 31-08-2017, 12:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_6_] Bob Hobden[_6_] is offline

Default Allotment Scorpion

On 31 Aug 2017 09:09, (Nick Maclaren) wrote:
In article ,
john west wrote:
Recently a Scorpion was reported seen on our Nature Garden at our

North
London Allotment.

What kind of a risk might this pose to children visiting this part of
the allotment? And what steps if any could be taken to removing such
insects? Thanks.

Negligible. Dangerous scorpions have large stingers and small claws;
the European yellow-tailed scorpion is exactly the converse. Just
warn them that there are things that sting and not to stick their
fingers into holes. None of that differs from the pre-scorpion era,
with bees, wasps, mice, shrews etc.

and here the False Widow Spider. I have learnt to look before grabbing
anything in our garage, a tip learnt from relatives in Oz.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden