Old 01-09-2017, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] wardjfb@hotmail.co.uk is offline

Default Allotment Scorpion

On Thursday, 31 August 2017 20:01:39 UTC+1, David wrote:
On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 13:25:26 +0100, Janet wrote:

In article , says...

In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:

and here the False Widow Spider. I have learnt to look before grabbing
anything in our garage, a tip learnt from relatives in Oz.

I learnt to shake shoes out before putting them on, to dislodge any
scorpions, before I was four. But that wasn't in the UK :-)

In UK we learned to shake out all shoes boots and wellies to remove
the dead rodents cached there by the cat.

Janet.

Or on one memorable occasion a live frog.

Not sure which looked more startled.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Or in my case the wasp in winter, which was a problem as it stung me and I am anaphylactic. Luckily the EPI pen worked and nothing serious happened.

Jonathan