Old 01-09-2017, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Allotment Scorpion

On 31/08/2017 13:25, Janet wrote:
In article , says...

In article ,
Bob Hobden wrote:

and here the False Widow Spider. I have learnt to look before grabbing
anything in our garage, a tip learnt from relatives in Oz.

I learnt to shake shoes out before putting them on, to dislodge any
scorpions, before I was four. But that wasn't in the UK :-)

In UK we learned to shake out all shoes boots and wellies to remove
the dead rodents cached there by the cat.

Janet.

Dead ones are bad but the other day our cat had lost a live one which
was hiding in the toe of my wellie, the traditional shake failed to
reveal the surprise and I now hold the record for the fastest removal of
a wellie ever!

--
Charlie Pridham
Gardening in Cornwall