Old 21-09-2017, 10:57 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Rain

We received a nice rain this morning and it brought cooler weather too.
Fall garden perked right up and the kumquat tree needed some water. The
kumquats are starting to ripen so we're checking twice a day to get the
ripe ones into the house. A bit later they will all turn from deep green
to orange and we can make something of them.

Probably will get some more rain this week as my weather app says so,
maybe right too, as I watch the sky.

Put up several vac bags of chopped okra from the other garden for the
winter. I do like deep fried okra on occasion with a little catsup, and
they're a must do in gumbo, which we also like. I guess it was the 20
odd years in Louisiana where we got hooked on all types of gumbo. I
prefer shrimp gumbo but we eat almost as much chicken gumbo too.

The nights are starting to get cooler here so Ma Winter is not far away,
I hope. Hit a home run on the Texas Parks & Wildlife magazine I like,
got to get a free year for two of my grandson's as the like it too.
Reckon Texas Parks & Wildlife is trying to hook two more junkies. Of
course the two still hunt and I don't but that means I will probably get
some of the venison, ducks, or geese they will shoot this winter, not to
mention a few fish they catch.

My right leg is getting worse so I scheduled an appointment with the
doctor next week. We will see what he says, or rather, what they say
since our doc brought in a few more.

George